PIZZA TRAIN







































June was an intense month, but all of these things made everything better

1. Ophelia the painting. I know you guys probably know about this, but standing in front of Ophelia for the first time was a dream come true
2. The Art of Asking, by Amanda Palmer, a book I needed this month and it (in some way) saved me.
3. Taking the train. There's something so european about commuting on a train, maybe it's because I just starting traveling on trains about two years ago. And I love everything about them! how smooth they are or all the fun things you can do while traveling: drawing, reading and drinking coffee while seeing beautiful british sights.
4. Chef’s Table season 2 (on Netflix), if you want to get inspired or get your motivation juices moving
5. Delicious pizza at Pizza Pilgrims with Jen (maybe even the best pizza in London, but I’m still between Franco Manca and Firezza)
6. My new Ecoline liquid watercolour set, I did a first impression video if you want to check them out!
7. All the love and support my patrons have been giving me this past couple of weeks. I’m sure I’m going to talk about this soon, but June was a rough month, nerds. And beyond all the financial support my patrons give me every month (oh lord it helps) they have listened all my crisis and problems and issues. I never know how much to talk about Patreon because even though I’m SO thankful about them, I don’t want this to look like a trick to convince you to become a patron. I’m happy even if you’re here as a silent guest (welcome to my blog btw) so I really hope you don't feel like I'm pushing you. We’re having fun over there, but there’s fun things happening here (or like on my instagram, youtube, twitter or Facebook)
8. ELCAF 2016, biggest illustration fair in London and going there was taking in all the inspiration I needed for the month. I’m dying to get and illustrate new products for you guys!

Please do let me know if something nice happened in June. Could you please recommend me a band you like or you’re currently listening? I send you all the love and pasta with pesto (I had that for lunch) in the world!



~ Junio fue un mes mega intenso, pero todas estas cosas lo hicieron menos horrible

1. El cuadro de Ophelia. Yo sé que ustedes nerds ya saben esto, pero estar de pie frente a Ophelia por primera vez fue un sueño hecho realidad. 
2. The Art of Asking, por Amanda Palmer, un libro que necesitaba este mes y que (de alguna forma) me salvó.
3. Viajar en tren. Siempre he sentido que viajar en tren es tan europeo, quizás es porque empecé a viajar en tren recién hace dos años. Y amo todo sobre ellos! lo suavecitos que son o todas las cosas entretenidas que puedes hacer en ellos: dibujar, leer y tomar cafecito mientras miras hermosos paisajes ingleses.
4. La segunda temporada de Chef's Table (en Netflix), si quieren inspirarse o mover sus jugos de motivación, véanlo!
5. Deliciosísima pizza en Pizza Pilgrims con Jen (quizás la mejor pizza de Londres, pero aun estoy entre Franco Manca y Firezza)
6. Mi nuevo set de acuarelas líquidas marca Ecoline, aquí hice un video sobre mis primeras impresiones por si las quieren ver!
7. Todo el amor y apoyo que mis patrons me han dado estas últimas semanas. Estoy segura de que hablaré de esto luego nerds, pero este mes ha sido del terror. E incluso más allá de todo el apoyo financiero que me dan mes a mes (oh por dios que ayuda), mis patrons me han escuchado todas mis crisis, problemas y preocupaciones. Nunca sé cuánto hablar de Patreon porque si bien estoy MEGA agradecida por todo lo que hacen, no quiero que esto suene como que estoy tratando de convencerlos que se conviertan en patrons. Soy mega feliz si incluso están aquí como visitantes silenciosos (hola, bienvenidos a mi blog!) así que espero que no sientan que los presiono. Lo estamos pasando bien allá, pero también hay cosas entretenidas aquí (y en instagram, youtube, twitter y facebook)
8. La feria de ilustración ELCAF 2016, la feria más grande de ilustración en Londres. Ir para allá fue absorver toda la inspiración que necesitaba para el mes. Me muero de ganas de ilustrar y hacer nuevos productos para ustedes!

Por favor háganme saber si algo bello les pasó en Junio. Me podrían recomendar una banda que les guste o que han estado escuchando ahora último? Les mando todo el amor y toda la pasta con pesto (que tuve de almuerzo) del mundo!






22 comments:

  1. Lovely illustrations as usual! A band I like is called fleet foxes + Corinne Bailey Rae's old music is amazing. - Becky x

    www.wanderergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cooool! thank you so much Becky!!

      Delete
  2. He escuchado Alvvays en KEXP y me ha acompañado en planimetria a eternas que he tenido que hacer, ya quiero tener tiempo para experimentar con las acuarelas <3 ah! Y lo bacán que me ha pasado en junio es escuchar los podcast de ti y Ed jaja son muy entretenidos y ya espero el siguiente :) saludos desde Chilito

    ReplyDelete
  3. siempre te sigo, desde hace años y me encanta poderte leer y verte en tus videos, fuiste de gran ayuda en mi periodo viviendo sola y espero proximamente convertirme en tu patreon tmb, muchos saludos desde México mi querida Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que lindo todo <3 escucha Chinese New Year - Sales :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nena!!! Yo también viaje en tren en junio y la verdad que no fui capaz de dibujar nada decente... No se si los trenes españoles son peores que los ingleses o que las vías están peor porque con tanto movimiento no pude... Conoces la banda española la Buena Vida!? Yo creo que te gustaría... Bssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking trains is indeed European now that you said it. As a Dutch living in the Netherlands, taking the train to wherever you want it most efficient, even when you go to Paris from Rotterdam, haha.

    Talking about Paris and thus French, I reallllly recommend Christine and the Queens! A French singer (Christine) and her album is so gorgeous! You can listen to her on Spotify if you'd like. And Stromae (Belgium eh... rapper/singer/hiphop/techno/something) is another favourite of mine this year.. guess this is my 'French year' after an 'Ed Sheeran-year', haha.

    (Also first blogpost reaction here, I'm more a lurker and a retweeter.. Let's make this a fun habit. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fran!

    I've been mildly stalking your YouTube allllll week (in a good, non-creepy way, I promise). I can't believe it took me this long to stumble upon your artwork! Thank you for keeping me company while I work at home!

    Some songs that I've recently found that I think you may like:
    Wicked Games - Parra for Cuva, Anna Naklab
    Swingin Party - Kindness
    Ready for It - RAC, St. Lucia

    Also, I love the song "Golden Lights" by Tigers in the Sky that you had in one of your videos! I added it to my spotify playlist.

    A movie I've seen recently with THE MOST AMAZING, COLORFUL WARDROBE:
    "Hello, my name is Doris" with Sally Field. She is absolutely adorable. Worth a watch just for the clothes alone.

    I hope July treats you better than June did! Keep up the beautiful work!

    - k.r.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Fran!
    Gracias por compartir tantas cosas lindas con nosotros. Saludos!
    Música para todos:
    Suitcase de circa survive ha estado en mi cabeza todo lo que va del mes, es muy hermosa y relajante. También el último álbum de chvrches está muy bueno, pero si gustas de cosas más calmadas recomiendo wolf gang y beach house.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silvia7/07/2016

    Love u Fran! Sorry to hear that you had a rough month :( I hope things are getting better now! I dont know which kind of music you usually listen to but I would recommend you to try and listen to Alt-j, Mumford & sons and Band of Horses :) big hugs from Italy xxx Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pues yo aprendí a hacer galletas y a decorarlas! Me hace muy feliz y me relaja muchisimo! :D Un saludo enorme Fran! Me encanta saber mas de tu vida ya que tu estilo me inspira mucho a saber que puedo vivir de la ilustracion! Un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. La Lá. Escúchala, te va a encantar.
    <3
    Muchas buenas vibras para el nuevo mes!
    *Amanda Palmer es genial :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. La Lá. Escúchala, te va a encantar.
    <3
    Muchas buenas vibras para el nuevo mes!
    *Amanda Palmer es genial :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Fran, what a great blog as always. I also recommend that you listen to Stromae, he is a great musician, his lyrics and music are incredible. Hope you are having a good month, so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Turnover! If you like beautiful shoegaze music, this band is for you! Hope you have a better July

    ReplyDelete
  15. Estoy aquí, no estás sola. Saluditos Fran c:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Esta semana me pegué con dos canciones:

    - Black Lips - Bad Kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNSjItTfes
    - DREAMERS - DRUGS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbBQI7w577s

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me encantan tus ilustraciones, tu trabajo en general. Me alegró ene saber que cada día es un poquito mejor que el anterior partiendo de Chile, pasando por Berli y ahora en Londres. De verdad Inspiras mucho quizás sin saberlo y nos demuestras que con esfuerzo no hay nada que no se pueda conseguir. De hecho, gracias a ti me atreví a dibujar y a pintar con acuarela, aún estoy en eso hahaha pero de a poco se progresa.
    Con respecto a la música, depende de mi estado de ánimo, pero por lo general cosas más relajadas me ayudan más como Ludovico Einaudi, Max Richter, las sinfonías de Chopin o algo miu distinto a eso como Sticky FIngers hahaha
    Saludos Fran! Ánimos y cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear June was tough, and hope that July has been and will be heaps better! I've been listening to a band called Wolf Alice lately, and would recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fran I love your monthly favorites!! You're so good at keeping up with them XD! Currently I'm loving listening to anything Chill, it helps me relax and I can get work done while feeling inspired. Seeb recently released a few remixes of their stuff and it's so lovely to listen to!

    Rosegold Fox

    ReplyDelete
  20. The end of June was super tough for me as well. My dog Mocha died, and I miss her very much. She's the first soul I lost that was very close to me and I'm having a hard time living life without her unconditional love.
    Because I'm going through an emotional time in my life, I've been trying to listen to more up beat and happy/calming bands :) Young the Giant, Phoenix (specifically It's Never Been Like That album), and Walk the Moon are my favorites! And your videos are a great comfort as well! They always make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Fran,

    a friend of mine sent me a link to your youtube-channel and I've spent a good few evenings binge watching/listening to your videos whilst working (I'm a part-time freelance illustrator as well!). I've been through some kind of a creative low in the past few weeks, and your clips brought me some much needed positive vibes and faith in myself. So thank you for the mental cyberspace support! :)

    Music-wise, I would definitely recommend a band called Leisure Society. Their music always makes me feel happy and calm. They have the "don't worry, everything will be alright" kind of tunes in their songs, which are perfect for starting the day with or to listen to whilst feeling a bit meeh.

    Virtual high-five to you!
    Emmi from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete